A holiday in the Maldives is not only about relaxation but also fun and adventure. There are many things to do to enhance your holiday experience in the Maldives. Here are some of the popular things to do in the Maldives.
1. Scuba-diving: Perhaps the best place to dive in the World is the Maldives. Scuba – diving is the number one activity in the maldives. Each resort island is fully equipped with a professional dive center, offering PADI certification courses from beginner open water dive to advance levels of diving. All the equipments can be rented from a dive center of a resort. Emboodhoo Express, Kuda Giri, Guraidhoo Corner, Laguna Caves, Vaagali Caves, Victory Reck are some of the best dive sites in Male’ Atoll.
2. Snorkeling: Grab a pair of flippers, a mask and a snorkel and swim away in the most stunning reefs of the Maldives has to offer and watch the colorful fish pass by beneath you. Most resort islands offer the snorkeling equipments on free of charge. Just burrow it either from the dive center or the water sports center where you are staying.
3. Spa – Maldives is all about luxury accommodations and indulging yourself in spas and beauty treatments. Every year there is a new world renown spa brands launched in the Maldives. LIME spa, E’spa, Angsana Spa, Six Senses Spa, Shine Spa, Chi Spa are the most popular spa brands in the Maldives. Get yourself spoilt.
4. Water sports activities: All the resort islands are independently quipped with a water sports center and most of the resort islands offer non-motorized water sports activities on complimentary basis. Be thrilled with water sports such as windsurfing, canoeing, wake boarding, parasailing, catamaran sailing, water skiing or rush your adrenalin with a banana boat ride.
5. Big Game Fishing: Selective resort islands now offer fully equipped state of art big game fishing boats to charter with experienced skippers, if you are into some serious fishing. Sail fish, Merlins, Vahoos, Giant trivially or a barracuda are commonly caught on Big Game Fishing trips.
6. Cruising: Best way to explore the islands is to cruise by a safari boat. Sail away, appreciate the beauty of the atolls has to offer, get close to natives, learn culture, enjoy couple of dives a day in the best dive sites or snorkel the most vibrant reefs and stop by to a cast away island. Enjoy your cruising adventure holiday.
7. Surfing: The Maldives is fast becoming a popular spot for surfing, having been a host of international competitions such as the O’Neill Deep Blue. Some good waves found on the edges of the South Male’ Atoll. The best surfing conditions can be found further down south, with the biggest swells occurring during low-season between June and August. The most convenient way to access the surf points is by boats.
8. Excursions: Island Hopping, with half or full-day trips being offered to uninhabited islands or fishing villages to experience the contest of living in the local islands. Sunset cruise to spot dolphins. Daily snorkeling trips are some of the excursions organized by most of the resorts. Trip to Male’ is another popular trip to explore the capital and to do some souvenir shopping.
9. Whale Submarine: is a great way to explore the underwater realm without getting your feet wet. The whale submarine is based near Male’ You may be wondering how you can take part in this activity in case if you are staying in another atoll. This is still possible if you have ample time before your flight departure on your departure day.
10. Sports: beach volley, billiard, football, tennis, fitness with personnel trainer to stay in shape, card games and board games are among some of the activities offered by resorts, sports enthusiasts can enjoy.